Brain-boosting berries, fresh fish fillets, and plenty of green veggies – your pup may not realize it yet, but mealtime is about to take a serious upgrade! Adding in bonus ingredients to your pup’s dry dog food can make for some truly awesome eats they won’t soon forget. We’ve got 19 of the tastiest, healthiest, and most exciting bonus ingredients that can be thrown into the mix with your pup’s favorite dry dog food. Whether you’re looking to add a bit of crunch to their dinner or a bolder taste – these bonus ingredients won’t disappoint. Let the drool-worthy meals begin!
1. Spice Up Your Dog’s Mealtime: Introducing 19 Delicious and Healthy Bonus Ingredients!
Meal times for your pup shouldn’t be boring! You can make meal times exciting for your pup every day by introducing some nutritious and delicious bonus ingredients to their meals. Here are 19 of our top picks to make meal times enjoyable for your canine companion:
- Cheese – Protein and calcium-rich cheese can enhance multiple flavors and make meals even more scrumptious!
- Pumpkin – Packed with essential vitamins and minerals like Iron and Vitamin C, adding a bit of this squash to your canine’s meals adds extra antioxidants.
- Carrots – Full of beta-carotene and Vitamin A, carrots can be grated over your pup’s kibble to maintain the natural health of their eyes, skin, and coat.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is an excellent source of calcium and protein and a great addition to homemade meals as it also helps in digestion.
- Green Leafy Vegetables – Spinach, kale, and other leafy greens are a great source of vitamins and minerals like Vitamin K, Iron and Calcium.
You can also make your pup’s mealtime even more interesting by swapping in some all-natural, delicious snacks like apples, bananas, blueberries or some peanut butter. Add some of these nutritious ingredients to your pup’s meal for a boost of energy and nutrition!
2. Flavorful Vegetables Your Dog Will Love
Most people now agree that vegetables can form an important part of a dog’s diet. Not only are they good for your pup’s overall nutrition and wellbeing, they are also surprisingly delicious and beneficial for them.
Your dog doesn’t have to settle for boring meals. There is a wide variety of tasty ingredients that can add flavor and nutrition to their bowl. Here are some of the best ones that you should consider adding:
- Carrots – packed with dietary fiber, carrots support digestive health and are a low-calorie snack.
- Green Beans – a great source of vitamins A, C, and K, green beans are also fiber-rich and low in calories.
- Peas – a storehouse of antioxidants, they are loaded with essential minerals like iron, copper, phosphorus, and magnesium.
- Sweet Potatoes – high in vitamins and minerals, they contain more than 4 times the amount of vitamin A the average dog needs.
Vegetables are a wonderful way to add a nutritious boost to your pup’s diet and add a new level of flavor to their meals. Not only are they beneficial for their overall health, but they are tasty and your furry friend will love them.
3. 2 Fats to Keep Your Dog’s Coat Shiny and Healthy
When it comes to keeping your dog’s coat healthy and glossy, two fats are indispensable – Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids. Below is a closer look at what these two fats can do for your pup’s coat.
Omega-6: An essential fat, Omega-6 cannot be synthesized by dogs in their bodies, so it must be acquired through their diets. Omega-6 helps maintain a normal and healthy coat, protect skin, and improve nutrient absorption. Some sources of this fat include poultry, sunflower oil, and eggs.
Omega-3: Omega-3 fatty acids have powerful properties which provide many benefits for your pup’s coat. It helps prevent roughness and shedding, aids in treating skin conditions, and improves coat shine and texture. Main sources of this beneficial fat are chia seeds, salmon, and flaxseed oil.
- Omega-6 sources: Poultry, sunflower oil, eggs
- Omega-3 sources: Chia seeds, salmon, flaxseed oil
Incorporating Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids into your pup’s diet can keep their coat looking healthy, glossy, and shiny for years to come!
4. Protein-Packed Superfoods for your Four-Legged Friend
Your four-legged friend needs a balanced and nutritional diet just like you do. Just like humans, dogs can benefit from superfoods that are packed with all the right proteins, vitamins and minerals to keep them healthy. Here are some top-notch protein-packed superfoods that you should add to their diet:
- Fish: Fish is an excellent source of protein, healthy fatty acids, and essential B-vitamins that will keep not just your fur baby’s coat shiny and healthy, but their brain too!
- Eggs: Whether it be fully cooked or scrambled, eggs are loaded with protein and other essential nutrients such as copper, vitamin B12, and selenium. Plus, they are very easy to prepare and feed to your pup.
- Yogurt: Dairy products are great sources of protein and calcium. Plain, unsweetened yogurt is a great way to boost the protein levels in your pup’s diet. However, you must choose an appropriate yogurt with real, active cultures as most pet-friendly brands do not contain live cultures.
- Chicken: A tried and true source of lean protein, chicken is a yummy and healthy treat for your pup. You can simply cook it up or add it to their dog food for an extra protein boost!
Adding a couple of these superfoods to your pup’s diet can do wonders for their health. Just make sure you balance their meals in order to give them all the nutrition they need. A high-quality kibble can also help boost their nutrition. Talk to your vet about the best diet plan for your pup!
5. Cool Tricks for Serving up Delectable Dog Dinners
Does your pooch seem a bit listless? Perk her up with these five cool tricks for serving up delectable dinners you – and she – will love!
Fun Presentation: With a little creativity, you can make dinner time exciting and visually appealing. Cut a carrot into the shape of a dog bone, layer together healthy ingredients for a colorful parfait, or bake eggs in muffin tins with a bit of cheese and crumbled bacon for a tasty egg scramble. Your pup will definitely give these tasty dishes two thumbs up.
Tempting Toppings: You don’t need extra special ingredients to turn a basic kibble meal into an extra special feast. Adding delicious toppings to a bowl of dog kibble boosts the flavor and stimulates your pup’s appetite. Try mixing in leftover meats, diced apples, grated cheese, shredded carrots, or a spoonful of plain yogurt. No matter which toppings you choose, your pup’s taste buds are sure to be delighted.
6. Top Tips for Mixing Bonus Ingredients with Dry Dog Food
Make Sure to Check the Ingredients
Before adding anything else to your dog’s dry kibble, it’s important to examine its ingredients. Make sure the brand you are using doesn’t contain any fillers or other low-quality ingredients. The dry food should offer the right balance of protein, fats, and carbohydrates for your pup.
Spend Time Choosing the Right Bonus Ingredients
Getting creative in the kitchen is part of the fun when it comes to feeding your furry friend. Here are some top tips to get started:
- Look for bonus ingredients that are packed with nutrients and flavor. Fruits and veggies are a great way to add variety to the meal.
- Try adding different types of protein sources like eggs, cooked fish, and cottage cheese.
- Cooked whole grains, like oats or barley, are a fantastic source of fiber.
- Introduce herbs, spices, and dog-safe sauces to add complex layers of flavor to the dish. Fresh ginger, garlic, and rosemary are all excellent choices.
- Don’t forget to include healthy fats for extra energy, like coconut oil or olive oil.
By taking the time to select the best ingredients and vary your pup’s diet, you can create well-rounded meals that are sure to keep your four-legged companion happy and healthy. Your pup will thank you for all the extra love and deliciousness you added into his or her meals! Not only do these bonus ingredients satisfy your pup’s cravings for tasty morsels, but they can also give your pup an extra boost of nutrition. Put away the boring kibble – these bonus ingredients will make mealtimes exciting again!