We all know that pesky problem of shedding. Furry, little friends leave behind pieces of fur left and right. Even the most dedicated vacuuming can’t always seem to keep up. And don’t even get us started on hairballs! But what if it didn’t have to be this way? What if we could control your pawed companion’s shedding? Believe it or not, it’s possible – through the right kind of food! Here is our guide to the best dog food for shedding, including 11 amazing eats for fur control.
1. Shedding Fur? Control It With Top-Rated Dog Food!
Does your pup’s fur have you feeling like you’re living in a sea of pet hair? What once was a soft, cuddly coat of fur may be looking less like a styling option and more like a full-on home renovation. Don’t forget, however, there are solutions to help beat the shedding fur!
The best and healthiest strategy to help control your pup’s shedding is to feed them the right food. Look for options that are tailored to your pup’s specific dietary needs, as well as their age, size, and breed. If your pet has special dietary needs like allergies, opt for food that’s labeled as hypoallergenic. Below, you’ll find our top picks of dog foods that fight shedding!:
- Royal Canin – Designed to help simulate digestion for pups with sensitive stomachs and to reduce allergens from pet hair.
- Blue Buffalo – Enhances coat appearance and texture by adding Omega 3 fatty acids to your pup’s diet.
- Solid Gold – Helps nourish the skin and fur with nutrients that repair damage from too much shedding.
2. 11 Pet-Approved Nutritional Meals to Reduce Shedding
Healthy Meals Keep Your Pet Healthy
Good nutrition is the cornerstone of a healthy lifestyle, and the same is true for your furry friend. The right diet can go a long way in helping to reduce shedding and keeping your pet looking and feeling his best. Here are a few wholesome meals you can prepare, packed with all the essential nutrients to keep your pet weight in check and boost his fur health.
- Carrots, deseeded, cooked squash and apples: this colorful feast is not only pleasing to the eye, but packed with vitamins A and C for a healthy coat.
- Kale, broccoli, and cilantro: all you need is some finely chopped kale, boiled broccoli and cilantro to make a tasty, fur-friendly salad.
- Salmon and quinoa: this yummy meal is packed with proteins and omega-3 fatty acids for a healthy coat.
- Grapes and sweet potatoes: this sweet combo is packed with antioxidants and fiber, perfect as a snack for keeping your pet trim.
- Turkey and brown rice: this savory meal is ideal for growing pets, rich in protein and generally easy to digest.
- Lentils, tomatoes, and bell peppers: this vegan superfood dish is full of fat-free proteins and vitamins to give your pet the necessary nutrients.
- Tuna with celery and carrots: this light meal is perfect for cats, packed with omega-3 fatty acids and important minerals to keep them healthy.
- Eggs and spinach: this classic combo is packed with important proteins and antioxidants that help maintain your pet’s coat.
- Healthy fruits like pineapple, grapefruit, and oranges: a variety of these nutritious fruits can help boost your pet’s immune system and promote a healthy fur.
- Chicken breast and sweet potatoes: this classic meal provides important proteins for muscle development and zinc for healthier skin.
- Barley, zucchini, and blueberries: this hearty meal is full of antioxidants and vitamins to keep your pet healthy and fur looking glossy.
Trials and patience will be key to finding what works best for your pet so try a few combinations and note what your pet likes best. Ultimately, a balanced and healthy diet is the surest way to reduced shedding and a healthier, happier pet.
3. Delight Your Dog With Delicious and Nutritious Grain-Free Formulas
Grain-free formula is the perfect way to give your pup a nutritious and delicious meal. Most commercial dog foods contain grains, but grains also contain a lot of allergens that can cause irritation. Grain-free formulas are a great alternative for those looking to avoid allergens while still giving their pup a balanced and tasty meal.
Today, you can find many high-quality grain-free dog foods on the market. They include healthy and natural ingredients such as sweet potatoes, lean meat, and fresh fruits and vegetables. They feature unique ingredients such as omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins and minerals that work together to help keep your pup healthy and well-nourished. Here are some of the key benefits of grain-free formulas:
- Optimal nutrition
- Improved digestive health
- Heart health benefits
- Less risk of allergies and other food-related illnesses
- Savory, flavorful taste.
Grain-free formulas can help keep your pup’s tail wagging and give them a nutritious meal. With so many tasty grain-free options out there, make sure to find the best grain-free formula for your pup.
4. Get that Shiny Coat–Vitamins and Antioxidants in the Best Dog Food
Your furry best friend deserves the best diet you can provide for them! But for those who want to give Fido something extra–the glimmer and shine of a good-looking coat–a diet that’s rich in vitamins and antioxidants is a must. Luckily, there are plenty of special-formulas on the market that help nourish your pup’s coat from the inside out.
- Omega-3 fatty acids from fish-based oils are excellent sources of healthy nutrients for your pup’s coat. They not only help soften and shine fur, but these healthy fats also help soothe joint pain and fight inflammation.
- Vitamins E and C have powerful antioxidant properties that help fight canine cancer and heart conditions.
- Selenium is another antioxidant that works to boost the immune system and repair cell damage. And these aren’t the only vitamins and minerals you can find in the best dog food that’ll give Fido a luxurious coat.
Look for natural ingredients like cranberry, kale, and blueberries, which are loaded with micronutrients and antioxidants. Balance that with plenty of protein, carbohydrates, and the right proportion of fat for your pup’s size and activity. And you’ll be giving your dog a diet that will not only keep him looking his best, but that will make him happier and healthier in the long run!
5. Healthy Skin Equals Less Shedding–Find the Right Food for Your Furbaby
Healthy skin and fur is key to keeping your furbaby’s coat healthy and minimize shedding. Feeding your puppy the right food is essential to ensuring a beautiful coat, that is why it is important to find a food tailored to their needs. Here are a few tips to get your pup looking its best:
- Check for quality ingredients: The first and most important step is to look for quality ingredients. Stay away from items that list grains, corn and fillers as the primary ingredients. Opt for a food that has animal proteins as the first ingredient.
- Talk to your vet: Your vet is the best resource to help you select the nutrition that will work best for your unique pup. Ask them about the right food ratios to ensure your pup is getting the proper vitamins and minerals that their breeds requires.
Adding the right food to your pup’s diet will help that fur stay glossy and beautiful, and tune down the shedding. The proper nutrition will also keep their skin healthy and help stave off any possible fur related allergies. Find the food that is right for your pup, and help them keep their coat in the best condition possible.
6. Keep Your Dog Looking Great–A Look at 11 of the Best Dog Foods for Shedding
No one likes when their house is covered in pet hair, and a great way to minimize the mess is to ensure that your dog is eating a balanced diet full of the nutrients to help reduce shedding. But with so many options on the market, how can you know which dog foods are best for minimizing shedding? Read on for our list of 11 of the best dog foods for shedding.
When shopping for a great shedding-reduction food, you’ll want to look for those that contain proteins like fish meal, which have a high level of essential fatty acids. Additionally, look for dog foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help reduce inflammation and excess dander.
- Orijen Original Dry Dog Food
- Canidae DRy Dog Food
- Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food
- Nature’s Logic Dry Dog Food
- Nutro Ultra Dry Dog Food
- Blue Buffalo Wilderness Dry Food
- Natural Balance L.I.D. Limited Ingredient Diets
- Acana Wild Prairie Dry Dog Food
- Wellness Simple Natural Dry Dog Food
- Holistic Select Natural Dry
- Eagle Pack Dry Dog Food
Not only will these dog foods help keep shedding to a minimum, but they are also high in essential vitamins and minerals that are important for canine health. Many of these brands also incorporate ingredients like antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables to support a strong immune system, as well as healthy skin and coat. Everyone wants their pup to have a healthy coat of fur, and the best way to achieve this look is by feeding him or her the right food. Luckily, keeping shedding in check doesn’t have to be difficult as there are plenty of yummy and nutritious dog food options available that are specially designed to reduce excess fur. So, have no fear pet parents, fight shedding issues and keep your pup looking their best with these amazing eats for fur control.